Storm (30 days of poetry: day 4)

 

Prompt: 4) Perseverance

A storm was coming her way,
The dark clouds laughed at her:
A deep rumbling laughter!
The lightning flashes were scary,
What light was not supposed to be;
She'd been more afraid of the dark.
The wind pulled at her hair,
And her blue, bright dress,
Urging her to stop.
You ask, "did she stop?"
I dry my drenched hair and blue dress.
"No, she persevered."

Author’s thoughts

‘Storm’ is a short and simple poem about how the poetic persona persevered through the storm. Association of battling a storm and perseverance is nothing new to the point of being cliche. But it is overused because it is an effective comparison. So, that is what I used to write about today’s prompt.


I have a gig on Fiverr where I’ll write a poem for you on any topic you want. You can find that gig here if you are interested in availing my service.


This prompt is given by Sarajit Sen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 activities to celebrate Earth Day at home🌏

The Wait

Social Media During The Pandemic