How do I define poetry? ( 30 days of poetry: day 3)

 

Prompt: 3) Poetry

How do I define poetry?
I don't know.
How do you define something that swims in your blood,
But oozes out in ink,
That the heart beats out,
But the brain picks the words for,
That is bold, yet soft,
That is yours, yet mine?
Poetry is confusing,
Chaos in fixed meters and rhymes,
Calm in blank and free verses,
Heartbreaks in little haikus,
Love stories in melodious sonnets!
Poetry is everything you want it to be;
Then, how do you define poetry?

Author’s thoughts

‘How do I define poetry?’ is a poem on what poetry is to me. I truly believe, “poetry is everything you want it to be;” so, at the end, I pose the question, “how do you define poetry?”


I have a gig on Fiverr where I’ll write a poem for you on any topic you want. You can find that gig here if you are interested in availing my service.


This prompt is given by Trisha Saha.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 activities to celebrate Earth Day at home🌏

The Wait

Social Media During The Pandemic