Existence (30 days of poetry: day 10)

 

Prompt: 10) Physical

Existence is the epitome of physicality,
How the supernatural and metaphysical must pity:
Our metal blood and our rattling bones,
Our sparkling laughter or our gasping moans,
The spit in our mouth, smelly and sticky,
Our taste buds, that make us this picky;
Little moles and freckled constellations,
Our hot headed love and infatuations!

Author’s thoughts

When I was given the prompt ‘physical’, I’ll be honest, I hoped not to have to write on this. But after racking my brains about this, I settled on ‘Existence’ because you cannot really get more physical than existing. Physical beings such as us have many flaws for which the supernatural may pity us. But this flaws mean our existence and thus our physicality proves our existence.


I have a gig on Fiverr where I’ll write a poem for you on any topic you want. You can find that gig here if you are interested in availing my service.


This prompt is given by Suparna Ghosh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 activities to celebrate Earth Day at home🌏

The Wait

Social Media During The Pandemic